OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS,
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE,
NHAVA SHEVA, TAL-URAN, DIST- RAIGAD,
F. No.: SG/Misc-14/2006 CIU JNCH Date :
STANDING ORDER No. 09/2006
Sub : Entry of unauthorized persons in the Custom House – reg.
Attention of all officers is drawn to Standing Order No. 84/2003 dated 23.12.2003, 40/2004 dated 19.08.2004 and 51/2005 dated 01.12.2005 emphasizing the urgent need to prevent the entry of unauthorized persons within the Custom House. However, it is seen that people without passes or any valid reasons for entry to the Custom House, are often found moving about in the work areas. The administration has taken a serious note of such lapses and with a view to curb such intrusions, the following instructions are issued with immediate effect.
1. All Customs employees, Group A, B, C & D including Dy. C.C. staff are directed to hereby display their identity cards at all times in the custom house. Appropriate identity card-holders for this purpose will be issued by the CHS section.
2. All Clearing Agents and their employees will also display their Passes when they are in the Custom House and CFS.
3. Officials/staff of CMC and NIC will also display their Identity Cards at all times.
4. Employees working on contract basis such as maintenance staff, contract drivers & canteen staff will be issued temporary passes with validity for six months at a time, by the C.H.S. section after verification of their antecedents. The contractor will give an undertaking to this effect. Such employees will also display their passes in the Custom House.
5. Personnel working in/for, or representing Importers/Exporters/Shipping Agents/Freight Forwarders/CFSs’ etc, would be issued visitor’s pass for display, by the PRO of JNCH, on production of their company Identity Card or proper authority letter.
6. PRO will issue visitor’s pass to genuine visitors on official or private visit, after ascertaining the purpose and need of such visit.
7. It shall be the responsibility of the visitors to returns the passes issued to them. PRO will supervise the collection of such returned passes and keep tally every day.
8. The PRO will maintain a register for entry and exit of all visitors indicating the name of the visitor, official visited, purpose of the visit and entry and exit time.
COMMISIONER OF CUSTOMS (EXPORT)
JNCH, NHAVA SHEVA.